Monday 23 May 2011

Why should I blog about Bhagavad Gita?

Bhagavad Gita or "The Song of the Lord" is the song sung by Shri. Krishna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. It has eighteen chapters, each one dealing with God's concept of creation, life, evolution and destruction. The Gita is the science of life. It is the solution to all problems faced by humanity.

There are thousands of books on the Gita. Some are mere translations, while some offer detailed explanations of each verse recited by the Lord. These are easily available in book shops.
In this blog, I want to relate what the Lord says to our everyday life. I am not going to pick every verse and translate and explain; rather I am going to pick situations in life and bring out the essence of the Gita through them. I would love to share the lessons I have learnt and those that I'm still learning, through this blog.
The Lord, our Creator, has given us this beautiful life, not to waste it away, but to evolve to higher planes of existence till we finally reach Him. So, let us strive towards that goal of immortality, joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment