Tuesday 24 May 2011

The Charioteer

Krishna's role as Arjuna's charioteer is very significant. He was Arjuna's guide even before the battle began. When Arjuna was in a state of confusion, and stress, he turned to Krishna for help; and Krishna gave him more than he asked for.
 He imparted to him, all the secrets of life and everything after. Arjuna followed what Krishna said and greatly benefitted from it. Krishna remained with him all through the battle and guided him at every step.

Arjuna was very lucky to have the Supreme Lord as his charioteer. But then we are lucky too. The Lord is eveready to be our charioteer. He is forever seated beside our soul...all we have to do is to recognize His presence and turn to Him for guidance. Let Him lead us to our goal.

I have seen and experienced the power of having frequent conversations with God. When I faced highly stressful situations in the past, I would feel totally helpless. I would pray that all my troubles be solved "my way". And if that didn't happen, I would be disappointed with God and with the power of prayer. Because things did not go "my way". I was asking Him to drive the chariot only in the direction I wanted! This made me feel more stressed and helpless - like I have no one to turn to - not even God.

Off late I have recognized that He has His own way of doing things; everything that happens is His Will and He has a great plan for us. He would never do something that is not good for us. The secret lies in "accepting" and facing everything as it comes. After all, we really have nothing to lose. We dont carry anything material with us when we move on. Birth after birth, the only things we ever carry are our experiences and lessons.

Now, everytime I'm under stress or confusion, I turn to Him for help. A mere conversation with Him lifts aways most of my stress. I feel asthough a huge load has been lifted off me. He is always there - the load is His, not mine. I feel very sure that things will be taken care of. I just accept that He is the charioteer and He will drive me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment